Intrepid Explorers

Exploring The West One Trip At A Time
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cannon Power Shot G7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:55 pm 

I took back the 725SW camera as the picture quality really sucked. I ordered the Cannon Power Shot G7 and while not as durable as the Olympus, it is a lot more camera. The photo quality is excellent and has a 10 meg res. You can take a panorama shot and use up to 21 photos to make it and stitch it all together in the camera to make a single immage. I have 2 2 gig cards and each will hold about 400 shots each at the highest quality. This trip will be the acid test for the camera.

Mike

Post subject: Re: Cannon Power Shot G7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:23 pm 

mike660griz wrote:
I took back the 725SW camera as the picture quality really sucked. I ordered the Cannon Power Shot G7 and while not as durable as the Olympus, it is a lot more camera. The photo quality is excellent and has a 10 meg res. You can take a panorama shot and use up to 21 photos to make it and stitch it all together in the camera to make a single immage. I have 2 2 gig cards and each will hold about 400 shots each at the highest quality. This trip will be the acid test for the camera.

Mike

I sure am glad I have my water proof housing on my camera. I don't have to worry about dust or anything.

I hope your camera passes the acid test. 10 Mega pixel wow. Nice camera! :allright!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:16 pm 

A waterproof case is available for the camera. I did not have enough time to get it for the trip, so I will keep it as clean as I can. Be really carefull when you open the little door on the camera for the battery door. The pin that opens the door can fly off and be lost. That is why I had to change cameras, the entire locking latch was lost.

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:35 pm 

Mike,

How are you making out with the G9?

Is it holding up?

Ned

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting "WOW, what a ride!"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:30 pm 

So far so good. The camera has been great for me. Be sure and charge the battery every night before you want to use the camera so you dont get caught with a dead battery.

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:23 pm 

Glad to hear that it is working out well. Do you find yourself wishing for a bigger zoom? That has a 5X optical zoom, doesn't it?

Ned

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting "WOW, what a ride!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:37 pm 

It has a 4X optical zoom, more is alway nicer, but I am happy with the overall camera.

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:34 pm 

Hi,

Well I got myself one of the Canon G9's. I was looking at a "9" and realized you were talking about the "7".

This is pretty much the same but has 6x optical zoom. I'm just testing it and learning the book. It takes super pictures!

I also was looking for the extension tube so I can mount a (some) filters and see that B&H has the g9 listed as "out of protection". I haven't even figured it out and they go and change it all again. :Wah:

I'm trying to find a metal extension tube. Canon's tube is plastic. I've got a clear glass, UV and a circular polarizer I want to try.

Will keep you posted.

Ned
edit for spelling